Today I am going to share with you guys how to make a diy primer for oily skin. You can find all the ingredients for this recipe in your kitchen.
Good primers cost a lot, and if there is a natural alternative to it, which can give the same result as a market primer, then why would you not want to try it?
Table Of Contents
What Are The Benefits Of A Primer?
1) Primer fills our pores, so that when we apply a foundation, we get a seamless finish.
2) Primer doesn’t let the chemicals from cosmetic products go into our skin.
3) The main benefit of a primer is that it keeps your makeup long lasting, by sticking all the products that you apply on top of it.
So, do make sure that you use a primer before your foundation.
Steps To Make DIY Primer For Oily Skin
1) First, we will take an empty container.
2) Add two tablespoons of Aloe Vera gel into this jar. You can take any brand of Aloe Vera gel available in the market. I personally use the Patanjali Aloe Vera gel for my DIY’s.
3) Add 1/2 teaspoon glycerin into the jar. It is a very inexpensive ingredient and normally available in all the medical stores.
4) Last ingredient is optional. You can add 1/2 teaspoon of sunscreen into this mixture if you want to get protection from UV rays.
5) Mix all the ingredients well.
Our homemade oily skin primer is now ready to use. It will be a gel based primer.
You can store this primer in a jar for 2-3 months. The good thing about this primer is that its a 3 in 1 primer. It’s a primer, moisturizer and a sunscreen, all in 1.
You can totally skip moisturizer and sunscreen if you use this DIY primer. Isn’t that good?
How To Use DIY Oily Skin Primer?
Just take a small amount of the gel primer on your palm and apply it all over your face. Proceed with applying your favorite foundation, which will now last a lot longer.